Goodbye PJ pants: 1st day of school outfits are back!
After two years of school at home, students are saying goodbye to lounge clothes and hello to snazzy new 1st day of school outfits.
Half (49%) of parents with school-aged children say their kids are most excited to shop for apparel this year.
– Source: NRF Summer Snapshot back to school trends 2022
– Morning Consult Survey conducted May 3-4, 2022, among 512 U.S. adults who are planning to make back-to-school purchases but have not started, with an unweighted margin of error of 1/-4 percentage points.
Clothing, school supplies and more
Clothes and accessories are number one, followed by items needed for studies and the return of in-person sports and activities.
While most shopping happens in late July and early August, many people plan back-to-school purchases around major sale events. Whether it’s Prime Day, Fourth of July or Labor Day, 61% of consumers typically plan their back-to-class shopping around retailer sale events (up from 55% in 2019).
– Source: NRF Summer Snapshot back to school trends 2021
Make your clients “head of the class”
Focus in three areas for back-to-school success.
1. Use a strong call to action in Quu text.
Budget conscious parents, especially with younger or middle school-aged children, are more likely to spend more than parents with older kids. Many parents are focused on price, so messaging should highlight value.
2. Highlight brick and mortar locations.
Across the board, a lot of back-to-school shopping is likely going to happen in person this year. Quu messaging is an excellent way to reinforce geographic location.
3. Know online shopping is here to stay.
Even though consumers are buying in-person, many will still to shop online. Add your client’s website on the dashboard and reiterate their brand in the dash. Frequency, Frequency, Frequency = SUCCESS!